Question

Duane Wenzel dwenzel at BISHOP.BISHOP.HAWAII.ORG
Sat Sep 20 00:20:19 UTC 1997

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Madhav Deshpande wrote:

>         I am working on the 17th and the 20th Kandas of the Shaunakiiya
> Atharvaveda and badly need to consult the edition of Shankar Pandurang
> Pandit (4th volume which should contain these Kandas).  If anyone knows of
> an American university library which has this volume, I may be able to
> order it on inter-library loan through the library of the University of
> Michigan.

This title is available at the University of Pennsylvania according to my
Sanskrit professor, Walter Maurer, who used it this past year when he was
on sabbatical working on his latest book, which will be selections from
the AV.  However, he said the volumes are very brittle and therefore,
probably not good candidates for interlibrary loan, but you could try.

Duane Wenzel
Library Chairman
Bishop Museum
1525 Bernice St.