Popular Indian Religious Art

Lars Martin Fosse l.m.fosse at INTERNET.NO
Thu Sep 18 07:21:02 UTC 1997

At 18:18 17.09.97 -0500, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>        I am trying to locate (thus far with little success) scholarly
>materials on the topic of contemporary popular Indian religious art (e.g.,
>books/articles dealing with calender art, 'God posters', etc.). I am interested
>not only in this form of art as used in strictly religious/devotional contexts,
>but also its use in Indian commercial/graphic art (e.g., advertisments, product
>packaging, etc.). Can anyone out there alert me to some relevent materials?

I am afraid that I cannot give you an exact reference, but there is at least
one such book, written, I believe, by a Greek author. This may not be very
helpful, but at least you should keep looking.

Best regards,

Lars Martin Fosse

Dr.art. Lars Martin Fosse
Haugerudvn. 76, Leil. 114,