Vedic Concordances

B. Reusch reusch at UCLINK4.BERKELEY.EDU
Tue Sep 16 15:58:55 UTC 1997

At 9:58 AM +0100 9/16/97, Jan E.M. Houben wrote:

>Lubotsky's Rgvedic Word Concordance, (AOS vol. 82-83), which I have not yet
>seen myself but which according to the author gives the word PLUS the full
>line
>in which it occurs,

In fact, it does not provide a full line, but the corersponding pAda. For
every entry the number of ocurrences is provided as well as the list of
pAda locations in which the particular word is found. For repeated pAda-s
only the first occurrence is quoted and the rest are cited. The words are
organized following Grassman's dictionary. with some exceptions. There is
also a two-page list of entries that differ from the Pada-pATha.

Beatrice Reusch
University of California, Berkeley