Message to Prof. Parpola

Asko.Parpola at Helsinki.FI Asko.Parpola at Helsinki.FI
Fri Sep 5 13:46:40 UTC 1997

>I have tried to reach Prof. Parpola using his own email address twice, but
>my emails bounce. Therefore I try Indology.
>
>Dear Prof. Parpola,
>
>concerning the dwindling circulation of Acta Orientalia: May I suggest that
>you consider creating a subscription for private individuals that is cheaper
>than the one paid by institutions (e.g. about 200 kroner / USD 25). Symbolae
>Osloenses, which presumably has similar problems, is now offering individual
>subscriptions at the price of NOK 195,- as against "normal" subscriptions at
>NOK 320,-. Such a policy might help to keep the number of subscriber above
>the magical number of 200.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Lars Martin Fosse
>

>Dr.art. Lars Martin Fosse
>Haugerudvn. 76, Leil. 114,
>0674 Oslo
>
>Tel: +47 22 32 12 19
>Fax: +47 22 32 12 19
>Email: L.M.Fosse at internet.no
>Mobile phone: 90 91 91 45

Many thanks for your contructive proposal, which I am forwarding to the
editor, Professor Per Kvaerne at the Instutite for Comparative Study of
Human Cultures in Oslo.

Asko Parpola

PS. My correct e-mail address is:  Asko.Parpola at Helsinki.Fi