failure to access archives

J Kingston Cowart jkcowart at IO-ONLINE.COM
Wed Nov 26 22:51:28 UTC 1997

At 12:47 PM 11/25/97 +0000, Dominik Wujastyk wrote:
>On Mon, 24 Nov 1997, J Kingston Cowart wrote:
>
>> My attempts to access the INDOLOGY archives at
>> <http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/indology.html>
>> have all failed.
>
>All I can say, I'm afraid, is that the above URL works for me, both with
>Netscape from a PC and with Lynx from a mainframe.
>
>I assume you are not typing "<" and ">".
>
>What error message do you get?
>
>All the best,
>Dominik

I was getting:

"Unable to open http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/indology.html.
The site reports that the item you requested could not be found"

and

"404 Not Found.  The requested URL was not found on this
server: /archives/indology.html."

But it is working now.

Thanks,

J. Kingston Cowart