Downloading diacritic Roman fonts for Indian Languages

Marie Genevieve Guesdon marie-genevieve.guesdon at BNF.FR
Tue Nov 25 13:33:21 UTC 1997

>Date:         Wed, 17 Sep 1997 10:44:25 -0400
>Sender: Indology <INDOLOGY at LISTSERV.LIV.AC.UK>
>From: Sudalaimuthu Palaniappan <Palaniappa at AOL.COM>
>Subject:      Downloading diacritic Roman fonts for Indian Languages
>Comments: To: indology at liverpool.ac.uk
>To: INDOLOGY at LISTSERV.LIV.AC.UK
>
>For quite sometime, I have been trying to download the Roman diacritic fonts
>(CSX or Norman) from the the following site
>ftp://bombay.oriental.cam.ac.uk/pub/john/software/fonts
>I have not been successful. When I download the fonts like tm-csx.zip and
>open it, the computer (PC) tries to treat it as a data file of an accounting
>software I have (Bestware)  and gives up.
>
>Does anybody else know/have these or other similar fonts which I can easily
>download and install? I would appreciate installation instructions also.
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Regards
>
>S. Palaniappan

Marie Genevieve GUESDON
Bibliotheque nationale de France
Departement des manuscrits, division orientale
58, rue de Richelieu
75084 Paris Cedex 02
tel 33-1-47 03 75 91
Fax 33-1-47 03 76 65