Azoka

SUZUKI Takayasu suzuki at IOC.U-TOKYO.AC.JP
Sun Nov 23 03:12:47 UTC 1997

Dear All,

On Sun, 23 Nov 1997 01:21:29 +0100, Rolf Heiner Koch wrote:

> I would really appreciate if anyone of the list
> members came across material about our beloved
> Azoka while reading Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit/Tibetan
> sources which are probably not have been
> considered now.

In the Mahaameghasuutra, one king is predicted that he becomes
the King Azoka in the future.
If you have interest in this subject, look up the following
location:
The Tibetan Version: Peking No.898, 198b5
The Chinese Version: Taisho No.387, 1097c23

I hope this may be helpful.

--
SUZUKI Takayasu @ Inst. of Oriental Culture, Univ. of Tokyo
suzuki at ioc.u-tokyo.ac.jp