m/anusvAra & s/visarga

Anshuman Pandey apandey at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Tue Nov 4 04:35:36 UTC 1997

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Jacob Baltuch wrote:

> Damn! The real pain is to have to reach for that shift key.
> I think I'll just use <x> for visarga then. How does this
> look: duxkha, azvax?

Now you're stepping into upadhaaniiya territory! Is reaching for shift
really that burdensome?! :-> Just consider it phlangeal calisthenics.

Also, one point to consider is whether you will be processing this text
into Devanagari script. Having to convert from your scheme to another
scheme each time would cause you a greater pain than just sticking to an
already defined scheme.

Best,

Anshuman Pandey