Gestation (was re: mathematics etc.)

Dr. Jai Maharaj jai at mantra.com
Thu May 29 18:08:42 UTC 1997

Dear members:

Just a short note from the practical Jyotish perspective --
Almost always, the given birth time of a person is used only
to prepare a preliminary set of charts and tables.  The birth
time is then rectified to arrive at a starting epoch usually
not too distant from a date 273 days prior to birth for most
normal births.  Computational fine-tuning based on certain
events that have already taken place in the native's life
further approximates the moment of the descent of the eggs
in the mother's Fallopian tubes.  The idea is to get as close
to one of the first events in a person's life -- especially
those which have a correspondence with the lunar cycle.
The charts are then recalculated accrding to this time and date.

Jai Maharaj
Jyotishi, Vedic Astrologer
http://www.flex.com/~jai
Om Shanti