mathematics ?

Peter J. Claus pclaus at haywire.csuhayward.edu
Mon May 19 19:45:33 UTC 1997

Ok,

Surely 7 is NOT a sacred number, Dominique.

(Actually a ruse to get you to "proof it is 'sacred', and "predict my
future and show it is linked to a fundamental physical constant." Great
fun!  Last time I encountered this was in a touristy area of Delhi and I
had to shell out Rs.50 to write down a number (1-100) on a slip of paper.
But it was well worth it for the next half hour of entertainment.  The guy
was a marvellous "mathematician".)