Color of Skin

Peter J. Claus pclaus at haywire.csuhayward.edu
Wed May 14 15:08:27 UTC 1997

Ganesan.  Hello!

I'm sure you're familiar with the many texts that utilize this varna
scheme.  But I do not know whether they use it in relation to skin color.
That is an extrapolation, albeit I think a fairly common one. I suspect it
occurs primarily in conversational tradition, rather than textual
tradition.

However, I, too, would be interested in any textual references
to this abstract color correspondance schem and skin color of individuals
or groups.  Help, please.