UKABS conference programme

L.S.Cousins L.S.Cousins at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Tue May 13 19:07:33 UTC 1997

Second Annual Conference of the UK Association for Buddhist Studies
Monday June 30th, 1997,

Main Building Lecture Theatre
School of Oriental and African Studies,
Thornhaugh Street,
Russell  Square,
London.
                    Programme:
10.30:    Coffee
11.00:    Professor Richard Salomon (Washington):
     'The British Library Kharosthi Manuscripts and their Implications for
the
     Hypothesis of a  Gandhari  Buddhist Canon'.
     (On the study of recently discovered Buddhist manuscripts (as reported
in the press last
      summer)).
12.30     Lunch (not included in conference fee)
2.00 AGM
3.00  Professor Tim Barrett (SOAS)
     'Did I-ching go to India?: Problems in using I-ching as a source for
South Asian
     Buddhism'
     (On the extent to which  this Chinese pilgrim's written account of his
Indian trip  can be used as
      historical evidence).
4.30 Coffee and depart

Conference Registration:
£5 waged, £2 unwaged, cheques payable to the UK Association for Buddhist
Studies should be sent to:
Dr Ian Harris, (UKABS Treasurer),
Dept. of Religious Studies
University College of St. Martin,