Oriya Fonts

Anshuman Pandey apandey at u.washington.edu
Tue May 13 22:06:01 UTC 1997

On Tue, 13 May 1997, Lynn Foulston wrote:

> Dear List Menbers,
> Could anyone help me?
> I am looking for an Oriya font that would be suitable for use in Word
> documents.  If anyone has any information I would be most grateful.

I have not come across any public domain or shareware Oriya TrueType or
Postscript Type 1 fonts, but I have heard that someone is developing an
Oriya Metafont for use with TeX.

I know that Monotype Typography Ltd. in England sells high-quality fonts
with keyboard drivers for both Macs and PCs running Windows. They don't
have an email address that I know of, but you may call them at
# 44-0737-76-5959, or fax # 444-0737-76-9243, 0942. Their contact people
for Indic fonts are Ian Bezer and Julie Collier-Smith.

Ecological Linguistics may also have an Oriya font. They may be reached
via email at <ecoling at applelink.apple.com>, or by phone at (202) 547-7678.

If you contact them and hear a positive response, could you please let me
know?

Thank you and good luck!

Regards,
Anshuman Pandey