Saivism

Anand.Nayak at unifr.ch Anand.Nayak at unifr.ch
Mon May 12 08:45:15 UTC 1997

>1. Is there any English or French translation of TantrAloka (TA) of
>Abhinavagupta published? Do you know of any translation that is planned
>to be published?
>
>2. Is anyone of you aware of courses on TA topics? I have heard on some
>courses given in England (Oxford) and Belgium, but I do not have any
>other details.

Dear Catalin BUIU

Well, this is not a translation, though (the introduction
provides with a survey of the contents). The only complete
translation I know of is the Italian by Raniero Gnoli: La luce
delle scritture. Gnoli rendered also the smaller Tantrasara into
Italian.
Well, this is not a translation, though (the introduction
provides with a survey of the contents). The only complete
translation I know of is the Italian by Raniero Gnoli: La luce
delle scritture. Gnoli rendered also the smaller Tantrasara into
Italian.

\bye
Peter Wyzlic                                    pwyzlic at pwyz.rhein.de

There is also a french translation of Tantrasara by Liliane Silburn in
Hermes (nouvelle série) No.1, Paris,1981.
There is also a fine scholar on Abhinavagupta in Paris who has done a lot
of research in the matter and published too. I do not think she has e-mail.
But perhaps you can contact her by snail-mail:

Colette Poggi,
48, rue Dutot,
F-75015 Paris Tél: 0033/1 42 73 33 90

There is an English translation of Abhinavagupta's
Isvarapratybhijnavimarsini. Colette Poggi has made a French translation of
it.

Sarvesham svastirbhavatu        May all be prosperous
sarvesham santirbhavatu         May all be  peaceful
sarvesham purnambhavatu         May all be whole
sarvesam mangalambhavatu        May all be happy

INSTITUT DE MISSIOLOGIE ET DE SCIENCE DES RELIGIONS
INSTITUT FUER MISSIONS- UND RELIGIONSWISSENSCHAFTEN
Université de Fribourg
Route du Jura
CH-1700 Fribourg
Tel:    026/ 300 74 38 (Office)