hair's colour in Sanskrit

aditya at smart1.net aditya at smart1.net
Wed May 7 19:42:12 UTC 1997

claude setzer <cssetzer at mum.edu> has on Wed,  7 May 1997 19:33:20 BST
written as follows:

>I have found quite the opposite of this opinion. In fact, it seemed
>extremely ironic to me, as an American with light skin, that many Indians
>were so obsessed with the minute differences of skin coloring. I have, on

Yes, it is  both ironic and paradoxical. The real discrimination in
India is based on caste and not color although Varna is also a synonym
for color. When they refer to color they instinctively mean Varna.
Have a peaceful and prosperous day.

Aditya Mishra
Phone: 954-746-0442
e-mail: a018967t at bc.seflin.org
homepage: http://www.smart1.net/aditya
Thought of the day:
	A gentleman can disagree without being disagreeable.