Q: Kannada words in a Greek play?

Lars Martin Fosse l.m.fosse at internet.no
Mon Mar 31 12:54:47 UTC 1997

At 12:21 31.03.97 BST, you wrote:
>At 14:08 +0200 29/03/97, Jacob Baltuch wrote:
>>
>>Incidentally, is there a way to get (maybe in email :)
>>an honest assessment of A. Danielou as an Indologist?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Jacob
>
>such a crude xenophobic public query needs an answer:

With all due respect, Dominique, I don't think that Jacob's question is
xenophobic! There are a lot of scholars out there, some of whom have
produced more valuable work than others. I, too, sometimes ask colleagues if
this or that scholar is worth my time, and I am interested in the personal
qualities of the individual scholar. I may ask the same question about
English, German or American scholars, or for that matter about scholars of
any nationality.

Best regards,

Lars Martin