[SCIENTIFIC ACHIEVEMENTS of Ancient India](fwd)

Girish Beeharry gkb at ast.cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 19 12:14:31 UTC 1997

Hi,

I have been asked to post this message on behalf of someone who is not on this
list.

Bye,

Girish Beeharry

Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 23:51:04 -0600
From: sudheer_birodkar at hotmail.com
Subject: SCIENTIFIC ACHIEVEMENTS of Ancient India

I am a student of Indology, and  since 1980 I have been working on the
subject "Ancient India's Contribution to Science and Technology". I have
recently completed a book which covers among other sciences, the advances
made in ancient India in the fields of Mechanical Engineering, Civil
Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Astronomy, Medical Science,
Shipbuilding and Navigation, Fine Arts, etc.

I believe the material in this book would be of interest to students of
the History of Science and Technology, Indologists and Students of Indian
society and culture.

For more on this you can visit me at:

http://members.tripod.com/~sudbee/index.html

I am also interested in more info on the history of science and
technology with specific relevance to ancient India. Please let me know of
any relevant sites.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Sudheer Birodkar