Rites without meaning

Anand.Nayak at unifr.ch Anand.Nayak at unifr.ch
Wed Mar 19 06:59:22 UTC 1997

>Dear members of the list, could someone please provide me with the
>reference to Fritz Staal's work on "Rites without meaning"? I am for the
>moment unable to find it, and need it for a student of mine. Thanking you
>in advance, Jens Braarvig.

Dear Mr Braarvig,

STAAL Frits, Rules without Meaning. Rituals, Mantras and the human
sciences, Frankfurt/m.-Bern-New York-Paris, Lang, 1989.

All the best. Anand NAYAK

Sarvesham svastirbhavatu        May all be prosperous
sarvesham santirbhavatu         May all be  peaceful
sarvesham purnambhavatu         May all be whole
sarvesam mangalambhavatu        May all be happy

INSTITUT DE MISSIOLOGIE ET DE SCIENCE DES RELIGIONS
INSTITUT FUER MISSIONS- UND RELIGIONSWISSENSCHAFTEN
Université de Fribourg
Route du Jura
CH-1700 Fribourg
Tel:    026/ 300 74 38 (Office)