Q: IGNCA - Gitagovinda

Max Langley mlangley at brinet.com
Mon Mar 17 21:45:39 UTC 1997

List members in North America might may find information on themes in the
Gita Govinda from the kathak school and company centered around Chitresh
Das. Chitresh's organization is closely associated with the Ali Akbar
College of Music in San Rafael, CA.

The internet address for Chitresh Das is:

http://www.emruz.com/kathak/dance1.html

Ali Akbar Khan College of Music may be reached at:

http://pomo.nbn.com/home/aacm

Max Langley

----------
> From: Naseem Hines <sohail at u.washington.edu>
> To: Members of the list <indology at liverpool.ac.uk>
> Subject: Re: Q: IGNCA - Gitagovinda
> Date: Monday, March 17, 1997 2:21 PM
>
> Many schools of Dance express the themes contained within the GG. Please
> check the repertoire of Odissi and Kathak dance forms. I am sorry, I do
> not have additional information. You may call upon the Odissi dance
shcool
> which is organized by guru Kelucharan Mohapatra for details to see if
> textual studies are/ were part of the preparation for the art
performance.
> Also check the various arts organizations affiliated with the Government
> of India such as All India Radio based in Delhi and other programs
related
> with Dilli Doordarshan. Goodluck.
> On Sat, 15 Mar 1997, Jakub Cejka Visitor-Sanskrit wrote:
>
> >  Does anybody know some information about a research project
> >  done on Gitagovinda in IGNCA by Kapila Vatsyayan et al  ?
> >  I wrote there but got no reply so far. I'd appreciate some names of
> >  scholars who were involved in it (anyone of them residing in
Calcutta?).
> >  I have some vague information that it was basically a research on
GG's

____