Sarasvati river and aquifers

Dr. S.Kalyanaraman MDSAAA48 at giasmd01.vsnl.net.in
Sun Mar 9 01:52:09 UTC 1997

Hi,
I shall be grateful for guidance from members of the group on who we can
contact on the following topics related to aquifers:

1. Is there something like a ground-penetrating radar mapping system to prepare
a map of NW India showing the aquifers of Sarasvati?
2. Where can we get more technical details on the work done on farming on the Ngev desert
using waters of the Jordan river?
3. Are there other arid zones where watershed management techniques have been
successfully employed to provide new agricultural farm incomes?

Best regards, Kalyanaraman (Indus Sarasvati Research Centre).