Sarasvati river

Dr. S.Kalyanaraman MDSAAA48 at giasmd01.vsnl.net.in
Sat Mar 8 04:34:09 UTC 1997

Hi,
The following exchange will be of interest to all indology members.
The fact that the submergence of Sarasvati in aandhi or sandstorms is a
recent geological event (only circa 1500 B.C.) gives hope, however slender, for her
revival. With groundwater aquefurs recharged and the great desert used as a
natural reservoir, and by avoiding surface water flows (to avoid evaporation),
Sarasvati lakes will emerge thanks to the undulating terrain. Solar panels
can provide energy to pump up the groundwater as needed. Experimental
farms for salicornia have started in Pali, Rajasthan and in Luni, Kacch. (Also,
in Sirkali, near KoLLadam mangroves or coastal wetlands, Taminladu). The fundamental
problem of the desertification of the Himalayan glaciers has also to be addressed...

In geological time measure 3500 years is but a second?

We need guidance from all concerned world citizens to make this project a reality.

Regards. Kalyanaraman.