Aeronautics in Ancient India?

S Krishna mahadevasiva at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 28 02:25:30 UTC 1997

Vidooshakah uvaca :-

>Namaste! In a message dated 97-06-27 16:08:50 EDT,
>N. S. Raja  wrote:
><<< The claim that "there are no manuscripts of the
> work and it must therefore be a fabrication"
> is not, by itself, logically valid.>>>
>
>Indeed.  I pray that they do not shut down some universities now that a
basic flaw in how most modern research is conducted has been revealed!
:)

>Jyotishi
>http://www.flex.com/~jai
>Om Shanti

namo namah! Dan Quayle talking about brains, Newt Gingrich talking about
ethics, Rush Limbaugh talking about liberalism, Pol Pot talking about
Ahimsa, your talking about logic, Nick Leeson talking about ethics in
financial deals......er, is this meaningful?
There is an interesting anecdote about Tirukodikkaval Krishna Iyer,
a well known Carnatic vocalist of yesteryears. After a concert, somebody
whom Krishna Iyer knew to be completely ignorant of Carnatic
music went up to him( Krishna Iyer) and congratulated him. Krishna Iyer
raised his voice and yelled:" Call me names if you want to,
slap me accross the face if you want to,do anything other than
complimenting me about my music. An ignoramus like you complimenting me
about my music is a greater insult than having somebody spit on me."
  On another occasion, another person who was ignorant of music
walked upto him and said "Your performance seems to have improved since
last time." Pat came Krishna Iyers answer:"My performance has remained
at the same level, it is your understanding that has improved since last
time which is why you are able to appreciate my music better."

Likewise,Maharajan! Your talking about logic is illogical and
meaningless. On the other hand, if you have actually come to the level
where you can appreciate other peoples logic, hats off to you,
Maharajadhiraja! Your I.Q. has certainly DECREASED!

Krishna

P.S: I know some of you must be wondering as to how I.Q. can decrease
and people make more meaningful statements than before! The riddle can
be solved if I inform you that ordinary human beings possess
intelligence, so we talk about their I.Q(Intelligence Quotient).
But since TVs, Computers and self-styled *Royals*( also called
pretenders to the throne) possess no intelligence, one is forced to talk
about "idiocy quotient"( also called IQ) when refering to them.
Therefore,it is possible for ones IQ to decrease and still make more
meaningful statements then before!;-),;-)