Aeronautics in Ancient India?

Dominique.Thillaud thillaud at unice.fr
Thu Jun 26 14:40:15 UTC 1997

At 14:31 +0200 26/06/97, sudheer birodkar wrote:
>Pranaam,
>
>I am looking for information on aeronautics in ancient
>India. I am told that there is a book called Brihat Vimana
>Samahita in Sanskrit. I am looking for more information on this
>subject. Can someone throw light on any Sanskrit literature (or
>English Translations of any Sanskrit treatise) in this area of
>study.
>
>I hear that in the year 1911, a device based on this oral tradition was
>constructed and was flown at Mumbai Chowpatty in the presence of many
>people, including Lokmanya Tilak. This was reported in the Tarun Bharat
>Newspaper.
>
>Could the legend of the Pushpak Vimana mentioned in the Ramayana be
>based on some factual device made
>and  used in ancient India?
>
>Subham~astu
>
>Sudheer

	Dear Sudheer,

	Once again ?
	I suppose
	next months: vedic atomic bomb, vedic microsurgery, vedic big bang,
vedic telecommunication satellites, vedic AIDS treatment and so ...
	I'm not sure all this is in the scope of the list. Each time, you
provoke a meaningless debate.
	I'm sure the answers you'll have here will not be cited in your
book. Why ask you ?

	First I believed you was young and foolishly idealist, yet I
believe you are dangerous. Please, write your nationalistic book with
nationalistic sources, find a nationalistic editor, a nationalistic public
and I hope you obtain a lot of money to buy a Vimana Task Force and to kill
all barbarian foreigners in 'Bharat' with your Vajra Super Weapons: I'm not
very much afraid.

	And remember: after Yudhisthira was lying, his vimana touch the earth!

Dominique

Dominique THILLAUD
Universite' de Nice Sophia-Antipolis, France