Translations of Gitagovinda

Jakub Cejka Visitor-Sanskrit jakub at unipune.ernet.in
Wed Jun 25 23:38:05 UTC 1997

In the course of my own reading of Jayadeva's Gitagovinda I found it very
interesting to follow translations (I have Keyt's, Miller's, Gurudas
Mukhopadhyay's - which is rather indebted to the two earlier ones;
ofcourse I know of William Jones' one) how they often depart from the
original, leaving out unclear passages or just saying something else. I
sort of got the wish to collect as many translations of this work as
possible into English and would be interested to know about translations
into other non-Indian languages as well.   Any reference much welcome.

    Thanks

Jakub Cejka
jakub at unipune.ernet.in     till July 10

(My new e-mail address will be known in September.
Meanwhile if necessary, contact my friend had at pdas.cz)