Shabara Bhasyam edition

HFArnold at aol.com HFArnold at aol.com
Sun Jan 26 00:56:27 UTC 1997

On Tue, Jan 21, Girish Sharma wrote:

"I am trying to purchase a copy of the following book:

>>  AUTHOR:         Jaimini.
>>  TITLE:          The Mimansa darsana / Jaimini.
>>  PUBLISHED:      Osnabruck : Biblio Verlag, 1983.
>>  SERIES:         Bibliotheca Indica v. 45
>>  NOTES:          Sanskrit text.
>>                  Reprint. Originally published: Calcutta : Asiatic Society
of
>>                    Bengal, 1873-1889.
>>                  On facsim. of original t.p. for v. 1: The aphorisms of
the
>>                    Mimamsa / by Jaimini ; with the commentary of
Savara-Svamin
>>                    ; edited by Mahesachandra Nyayaratna.

South Asia books can not get it.  Does anyone know of a source for it?
Thank you."

You can probably get this edition of the Sabara Bhasyam from:

     Otto Harrassowitz
     Internationale Buchhandlung
     Asien-Abteilung
     Postfach 2929, Taunusstrasse 5
     6200 Wiesbaden
     Germany

but it will cost you plenty. I believe that the Anandasrama edition is still
available for a lot less.

Yrs. Harold F. Arnold