Devanagari for the Mac

Max max at newciv.org
Fri Jan 17 20:30:02 UTC 1997

At 10:43 PM 1/17/97 GMT, you wrote:
>Dear indologists,
>Can anyone please tell me where to find a good set of devanagari fonts for
>the Mac?

there were some public domain fonts around several years ago,
of which I put a modified version at:

 http://www.newciv.org/jhs/fonts/fonts.html

these are old-style Mac bitmap fonts in 12 and 25 point,
not TrueType or PostScript. I didn't try them on 7.5.x, tho.

If you can't retrieve them immediately, I'm reshuffling the
sites on newciv.org currently. Ultimately they should
resurface at

 http://www.newciv.org/Sanskrit/

and

 http://www.newciv.org/Pali/

If so, try again in a day or so.

This site contains also TTF and PostScript Roman-Translitared
fonts compatible with  Prof.Norman's font (which unfortunately
do not scale very well at all).

If there are problems, pls send me private e-mail and I'll
try to take care of it..

Max

 Max J. Sandor, PhD

 max at newciv.org