Introduction to Dravidian Lingustics

bpj at netg.se bpj at netg.se
Mon Jan 13 13:51:11 UTC 1997

Dear Indologists,

can anybody recommend me some good English-language general introduction to
Dravidian Linguistics? I would also be happy to know which are the most
controversial questions within the field; is e.g. the link with Elamite
generally accepted. Note that I know virtually nothing about the subject,
nor do I know any of the languages concerned.

Thanks

__                     __  ___   __ ___ __

B.Philip Jonsson <bpj at netg.se>

|| Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha ||

"Peace is not simply the absence of war.
It is not a passive state of being.
We must wage peace, as vigilantly as we wage war."
(XIV Dalai Lama)

"A coincidence, as we say in Middle-Earth"