Reconstructing South Indian History

filipsky at site.cas.cz filipsky at site.cas.cz
Mon Jan 13 11:34:08 UTC 1997

CALL FOR PAPERS
Dear Netters,
I am commissioned to edit a special thematic volume of the Indo-British
Journal - A Journal of History, published by the Indo-British Historical
Society in Madras, with the (provisional) working title "Reconstructing
South Indian History" and I call upon all scholars interested in South
Indian (Dravidian) studies, be it political or social history, linguistics,
literary history or history of religion, to contribute. I would like the
original research papers to concentrate on lesser known, even obscure
aspects of SI history, which have something relevant to say about the topic
at hand, viz. to contribute towards reconstructing the history (both early
and modern) of Andhrapradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala. I would
appreciate any contributions and suggestions.
The papers not exceeding 20 pages should reach me not later than by July 31,
preferably by e-mail, or by s-mail on a floppy disc in a PC compatible
format (Word Perfect, MS Word and the like). I am afraid we do not go in for
Mac too much down here!
Looking forward to your response, I remain, sincerely Yours, Jan Filipsky

Jan Filipsky, Oriental Institute, Pod vodarenskou vezi 4, 182 08  Praha 8