re. Merchandising electronic texts

Muneo Tokunaga g53772 at sakura.kudpc.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Feb 28 10:24:00 UTC 1997

Dear Indology Subscribers,

  My e-files of the MahAbhArata and the RAmAyaNa still contain
many typing errors, as a matter of course.  It is indeed a lifelong job
to perfect an e-file of such a huge text like the epic. I thought
it was my obligation to continue doint it and I was just preparing
a new version for the net in cooperation with my student M. Sugita
when I heard about a commercial disc of them from a company
in Munich. Now I realize that good-will is simply a source of unexpected
troubles in this world. So I have decided to make future versions of
my files available only in a limited circle in order not to cause further
complexity. Those who are satistied with an imperfect version of
the e-file are free to buy that disc.

                                        Muneo TOKUNAGA
                                 Professor of Indian Philosophy
                           Graduate School of Letters, Kyoto University
                             Kyoto, Japan (606-01). Tel. 075-753-2778
                             email: g53772 at sakura.kudpc.kyoto-u.ac.jp