RV 8.43.11 and beef-eating and metallurgy

Kalyanaraman mdsaaa48 at giasmd01.vsnl.net.in
Wed Feb 26 00:01:59 UTC 1997

vazAnna and ukSAnna may literally mean 'cow as food' , 'bull as food'.
Is it also possible that there is a meaning beyond the 'literaral'?
The finds of bones of antlers etc. in Kalibangan 'fire altars' may
relate to the work of a metallurgist? (cf. http://www.investindia.com/
webzine4/Discov1.html webpages on Kalibangan and Banawali finds of altars etc.).
Using bones and the fat as reducing agents to
oxidize impurities or base metals in a quartz ore?
Kalyanaraman