Elegy Literature

Srinivasan Pichumani srini at engin.umich.edu
Wed Feb 12 16:45:37 UTC 1997

	Thanks, Dr. S. Pichumani.

Oops... I am not even a pill-pusher... much less a
piler ;-)

	As lover of Carnatic music, you may know that Kavignar
	Kannadhaasan wrote a long, beautiful lament poem on
	Tiruvavaduturai N. Rajarattinam Pillai when the musician
	died.

Thanks for mentioning ... I have not come across this.
Along the same lines, there is a really touching irankaRpA
(eulogy) written by Mahakavi Subramania Bharati on the passing
away of the great musicologist Subbarama Dikshitar in 1906...
I have read this in a couple of anthologies of Bharati's poetry.

-Srini.