World Sanskrit Conference last month

Enrica Garzilli garzilli at shore.net
Thu Feb 6 19:55:06 UTC 1997

Bijoy Misra wrote:

> Can I request someone in the list to post a short report
> on the Sanskrit Conference held in India last month?
> Topics on discussion, panels and projects will be interesting
> to know.  Thank you for sharing.
>
> - Bijoy Misra.
>
> PS.  We did hear about the disorganization and the political
> participation etc..

In the next issue of the IJTS an unofficial report of the SC will be
published. It has been written by 2 American scholars present there, and
edited by me.

(Bijy, the Conference was not so disorganized and not more political
than many other Conferences -- only the level of politicians was a
little higher...)

--
Dr. Enrica Garzilli
Univ. of Perugia (ITALY)