summer sanskrit

Joel H. Tatelman jhtatelman at FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU
Fri Dec 12 16:14:56 UTC 1997

Regarding the possibility of taking 2nd year Sanskrit in the summer:

University of British Colombia has offered Sanskrit in the summer, but
(1) I don't know if only 1st year was offered and (2) I don't know if any
such course will be offered for Summer 1998. The one to contact about
this would be Prof. Ashok Aklujkar, Dept. of Asian Studies, UBC. Someone
at Washington should have a contact address or number for Prof. Aklujkar.

Another person to contact would be Prof. Madhav Desphande at the
University of Michigan (Ann Arbor). E-mail: <mmdesh at umich.edu>.

As it happens, a number of my first-year students are interested in an
intensive 2nd year Sanskrit course this coming summer, but, frankly, I'm
pretty sure that the university will make them wait until next Sept.

Good luck!

Joel Tatelman.

Dr. Joel Tatelman,
Visiting Lecturer in Sanskrit,