Q. A story reference

Anil Gupta sristi at AD1.VSNL.NET.IN
Thu Dec 11 17:40:13 UTC 1997

I Hope soem colleagues recall all the five stories famous in the context of
concern of Chola kings for non human sentient beings, such as for nilotpal,
cow, peacock etc.,

I am looking for stories from Hindu, Budhdhist, muslim's or other cultural
and religious traditions which convey metaphorically how we may look at our
responsibility towards non human sentient beings, insects, birds, animals
etc.,

pl do narrate the stories briefly along with reference

thanks

anil

I will also need permission to use such stories for cover page illustration
for Honey bee magazine