VedavicAraH

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at UMICH.EDU
Thu Dec 11 14:56:17 UTC 1997

Dear folks,
        Currently I am reading a work titled VedavicAraH.  This was
published from Vai, Maharashtra, in a magazine named Dharma, in 1912, and
was translated into Marathi by Kashinath Vaman Lele.  This was then
circulated in a book form. The name of the author is given in the colophon
as Dvivedi DraviDa ShAma Shastri.  The colophon provides no other
information about this.  I have written to the authorities of the Prajna
Pathashala in Vai for assistance, but there is no response.  I wonder if
anyone has come across any information about this author, who probably
dates to 1900s.  The colophon offers salutations to Tryambakeshvara, which
suggests that he lived in the area of Nasik in Maharashtra.
        Thanks.
                                        Madhav Deshpande