AEGEANET Anti-Spam Web Site

Dominique.Thillaud thillaud at unice.fr
Fri Aug 29 11:17:24 UTC 1997

>Subject: AEGEANET Anti-Spam Web Site
>Sender: aegeanet-owner at acpub.duke.edu
>
>I encourage anyone receiving spam to visit out the following web site,
>dedicated to the eradication of spam and other forms of abuse of e-mail,
>Usenet, &c.
>
>http://www.abuse.net
>
>Please feel free to distribute this message to other effected discussion
>lists.

Sorry to continue the thread, but here is a solution that has not yet
been suggested.  I urge all Aegeanet members to forward the unsolicited
message (if you still have it) to postmaster at rocketmail.com.  It is
almost universal that these free Email accounts come with the stipulation
that no bulk mailings will be sent out.  If they are aware that this
person sent out this bulk mailing, and enough people complain about it,
they will probably drop her from their service.  Be sure that the full
mail header is included in the forward, this will show that it did come
from their service.

Dominique THILLAUD
Universite' de Nice Sophia-Antipolis, France