Faith in Hinduism

Lars Martin Fosse l.m.fosse at internet.no
Thu Aug 14 17:51:52 UTC 1997

At 18:28 14.08.97 BST, you wrote:
>John Powers wrote:
>
>>A student of mine is doing a research project on the role (fi any) of faith
>>in Hinduism, both (or either) classical and contemporary. I really can't
>>think of any sources that discuss this topic, but if anyone else can, I'd
>>greatly appreciate it if you could share them. I'll pass them on to my
>>student.
>
>A work that focuses on more recent forms of Hinduism is C.J. Fuller's _The
>Camphor Flame_. I have not had an opportunity to read it as yet, but it
>comes highly recommended. As I recall, the approach is somewhat more
>anthropological. Fuller's work does include an extensive bibliography,
>which may point you to other useful sources.

I am familiar with Fuller's book, and give it my best recommentations. May I
also suggest the brilliant little book by David R. Kinsley: The Sword and
the Flute, Kali & Krshna. Dark Visions of the Terrible and the Sublime in
Hindu Mythology. University of California Press, 1975.

Best regards,

Lars Martin Fosse

Dr.art. Lars Martin Fosse
Haugerudvn. 76, Leil. 114,