question regarding Vimaana "flying machines"

Anshuman Pandey apandey at u.washington.edu
Wed Apr 30 22:35:24 UTC 1997

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997, Madhav Deshpande wrote:

> You may also look up the following:
> 	Vaimaanika-prakara.nam, part of Yantrasarvasva ascribed to sage
> Bharadvaaja, (English title: Maharshi Bharadwaaja's Vymaanika-shaastra or
> Science of Aeronautics, as revealed to venerable Pandit Subbaraya Sastry,
> translated into English by G.R. Josyer) printed at the Coronation Press,
> Mysore).
[snip]

I've come across this text in our libraries here as well. I've always
wondered how authentic the text is. The drawings included at the end of
the book in the edition we have were said to have been drafted according
to additional revelations. I've doubted the authenticity of the work in
general. Of course, if we begin discussing the authenticity of the text
then we're going to get into the whole debate of exactly how advanced
Vedic civilization actually was...

Regards,
Anshuman Pandey