question regarding Vimaana "flying machines"

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Wed Apr 30 13:07:24 UTC 1997

You may also look up the following:
	Vaimaanika-prakara.nam, part of Yantrasarvasva ascribed to sage
Bharadvaaja, (English title: Maharshi Bharadwaaja's Vymaanika-shaastra or
Science of Aeronautics, as revealed to venerable Pandit Subbaraya Sastry,
translated into English by G.R. Josyer) printed at the Coronation Press,
Mysore).  No date of publication on my copy, but it appears to have been
published shortly after 1973, the date of the Foreword.  The work of
Bharadvaaja was evidently received by Subbaraya Sastry through occult
perception.  The intro says:  "On 1-8-1918, he began to dictate Vymanika
Sastra to Mr. Venkatachala Sarma, who took down the whole in 23 exercise
books up to 23-8-1923."  Bharadvaaja's work is presented in the form of
Suutras, with a commentary by some Bodhaanandamuni, and there are
citations from all kinds of interesting works, which, I presume, are not
otherwise available to us.
				Madhav Deshpande