Blind men and elephants

Hueckstedt hueckst at cc.UManitoba.CA
Wed Apr 2 22:08:43 UTC 1997

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Arash Zeini wrote:

> A version of the same story is also to be found in the Massnavis of
> Dschalaladdin Rumi, the persian poet who lived in the 13. c.
> But sorry, I don't know exactly where to find it.

That would be at M 3:1259-68.

See page 3 of Annemarie Schimmel's _Mystical Dimensions of Islam_.

Bob Hueckstedt

PS: There's a Jain source, too, isn't there?

Robert A. Hueckstedt, Associate Professor of Indic Languages
Asian Studies Centre, 328 Fletcher Argue, University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2N2 Canada
http://www.umanitoba.ca/faculties/arts/asian_studies
fax 1 204-261-4483 phones 1 204-474-8964, 1 204-488-4797