Danielou and Tamil Musicology

Srinivasan Pichumani srini at engin.umich.edu
Wed Apr 2 20:36:19 UTC 1997

>>Do you happen to know if if Ramanathan's study (or
>>studies) found their way into print?

This is the only English publication I have seen -

_________________

Author:         Ramanathan, S., 1917-

Title:          Music in Cilappatikaaram : <as described in the ancient epic
		by Ilankovatikal> / S. Ramanathan.

Published:      Madurai, Tamilnadu, S. India : Madurai-Kamaraj University,
		1979.

SUBJECT HEADINGS (Library of Congress; use s=):
		Ilankovatikal. Cilappatikaram
		Music--India--History and criticism.

Notes:          In English or Tamil (roman).
		Originally presented as thesis (Ph. D.)--Wesleyan University.
		Bibliography: p. 192-195.

>>Might you (off hand) be able to identify the Hindustani-system
>>equivalent raga (supposing that there must be one, at least in terms
>>of the scale)?  Again, this is from simple curiousity ...

>>thanks, d.i.

khamAj thAT.

-Srini.