ye me bhakta-janah partha ...

Jan Brzezinski jagat at polyinter.com
Tue Apr 1 14:44:19 UTC 1997

Dear Prof. Wall,

This verse is found in Bhaktirasamritasindhu (1.2.218), as are so many other
quotations found in Caitanyacaritamrita.
Unfortunately, Rupa Gosvami has only specified Adipurana as the source of
the verse, and I cannot say more than that, never having seen the Adipurana.

Jan

At 05:53 97-04-01 BST, you wrote:
>Greetings:
>
>I received this message from a colleague. I can't answer it. Can anyone else?
>
>Regards,
>
>Bill
>

>>Newsgroups: Sanskrit
>
>>Dear Panditas,
>

>ye me bhakta-janaa.h paartha
>na me bhaktaa's ca te janaa.h
>mad-bhaktaanaam ca ye bhaktaas
>te me bhakta-tamaa mataa.h
>
>>I'm looking for the reference of the above verse-spoken by Lord Krsna. In
>Caitanya Caritamrta Madhya-lila 11.28, this verse is quoted by Krsnadasa
>Kaviraja, and it is cited as from from "Adi Purana".
>>
>>Now, I never heard of Adi Purana. Can it be "Adi-parva" (of Mahabharata)
>>
>>If so (and also if not), can anyone give me the exact number of the
>>respective chapter and verse?
>>
>>Thank you very much.
>>Your servant, Raja Vidya Dasa
>>

>William G Wall, Ph.D.
>Institute for Vaisnava Studies
>Graduate Theological Union
>PO Box 11216
>Berkeley CA 94712
>(510) 849-8280 (office)
>
>email: wgw at dnai.com
>Bharata.Srestha.HDG at com.bbt.se

       	Jan K. Brzezinski, Ph.D.
1262 rue St-Joseph, Val-David, QC J0T 2N0
       (819) 322-3382, 322-6146