some remarks on transliteration

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Sep 13 15:42:15 UTC 1996

In a different context, I was recently asked to write something about
Devanagari transliteration.  Since a discussion on this has been quite
active here, I am making a rough version of my piece available via the
INDOLOGY page.  See the INDOLOGY section on "INDOLOGY member's queries and
information".  I'm afraid that none of the special characters or tables
have converted to HTML, and it would take more work than I am prepared to
do to get this working.  So what you see is just a rough collection of
notes.  Please fill in the gaps with your imagination!

Best wishes,
Dominik

--
Dominik Wujastyk               Wellcome Institute for the History of Medicine
email: d.wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk          183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, England