Accented Characters

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Sep 12 14:22:32 UTC 1996

On Thu, 12 Sep 1996, Alec McAllister wrote:

> >>I'm currently working on TrueType fonts which code accents and
> >>characters separately, so any accent(s) can be used with any
> >>character.
> >>http://www.leeds.ac.uk/ucs/software_distribution/win3.x/

May I ask how the accents are floated to the appropriate positions over
the characters, when using applications like MS Word?  Is there some trick
I don't know?

Secondly, are you aware of the modified Bistream and Utopia fonts
available via the INDOLOGY web site?  These fonts contain extra accented
characters (accent+char = single glyph) for work with Indian languages.

Best wishes,
Dominik

--
Dominik Wujastyk               Wellcome Institute for the History of Medicine
email: d.wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk          183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE, England