Accented Characters

Alec McAllister ecl6tam at lucs-01.novell.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Sep 12 14:16:05 UTC 1996

On 12 Sep 96 at 13:57, Girish Beeharry wrote:

>Hi,
>
>>I'm currently working on TrueType fonts which code accents and
>>characters separately, so any accent(s) can be used with any
>>character.
>>http://www.leeds.ac.uk/ucs/software_distribution/win3.x/
>
>Would these Indian
>script TrueType fonts be located at the site above? What scripts are you
>working on please? Many thanks for the information.

Alas, they are not Indian script. They are only in Latin and
Cyrillic characters at present. They are suitable for
*transliteration* of Indian languages.

They will be on my WWW page, which will probably be at URL above,
but the system supervisor hasn't created it yet, and might change
the location. If so, I'll announce it.

Alec.

Alec McAllister
Arts Computing Development Officer