language for communication

Bijoy Misra bmisra at husc.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 12 12:52:50 UTC 1996

While I respect the sentiments that people should be free to
communicate in any language they want, I wish to point out
that the communication is useful when it is understood by
the people who are assembled.  English seems to be acceptable
language of communication(for good or bad).  Any creative writing
has however a lot more value when done in one's native language.

Without getting further into the philosophical aspects of
communication (which is extremely interesting), let me request
that we agree that English be used as the primary language of
communication.  I will also request that we have a set
of net volunteers who may help translate material to English
such that it gets understood.  While saying this, let me volunteer
to translate stuff from Sanskrit and Hindi to English if such
postings occur.

It will be cool if people occasionally create postings
in Sanskrit!

- Bijoy Misra.