Prof. Tokunaga's message

Francois.Voegeli at orient.unil.ch Francois.Voegeli at orient.unil.ch
Wed Oct 16 12:12:17 UTC 1996

Wed 16.10.1996 Bijoy Misra wrote:

>what's the URL on the material?

The direct URL to Dr Smith's criticism on Prof. Tokunaga's work is the
following:

        http://bombay.oriental.cam.ac.uk/john/mahabharata/statement.html

>Copyright laws are much valid on material
>on internet as for printed material.
>A Web link to the original is the
>right approach to reference.
>Sounds somewhat strange!!

I have to say I totally agree with Prof. Tokunaga's (whom I send my best
greetings by the way) following statement:

> But if you open them to the public as YOUR files, why don't you type all
> the Mahaabhaarata by yourself? I think this is a fair way of doing, and
> the etiquette in using e-files on the Internet.
>  Please do not use my files any more if you are not happy about them.

So doing, Dr Smith has has caused a serious breach in the "Netiquette".
I hope this will not impair the availability of the wonderfull work the
Kyoto team is making. And if it does we will all suffer serious drawbacks
in our work but we will know whom to blame...

Francois Voegeli
Fac. des lettres
Section de langues et civilisations orientales
Universite de Lausanne
BFSH 2
CH-1015

Tel.: (41.21) 692-2721