Upanishads and their Vedas.

Vidyasankar Sundaresan vidya at cco.caltech.edu
Mon Oct 7 21:37:02 UTC 1996

On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, Anshuman Pandey wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am looking for a comprehensive source which would provide me with a
> listing of the Upanishads (the "genuine" 108 and perhaps the "ingenuine"
> ones as well) and the Vedas/Vedic schools to which they belong.

You can find the 108 upanishads listed in the muktikA at the following
website:

http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~vidya/advaita/upanishad.html

The 108 upanishads are arranged according to veda affiliation and subject
matter in a table.

I would like to take this opportunity to let list-members know of the
advaita vedAnta website at <http://www.cco.caltech.edu/~vidya/advaita>.
Dominik Wujastyk has already added the URL to the INDOLOGY site under his
list of general interest items. The advaita website has both frames and
non-frames versions.

S. Vidyasankar