no chair of Sanskrit in London

Shukavak Das shuka at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 11 17:53:27 UTC 1996

What can happen to old Sanskritists:
Professor Hueckstedt suggestion of a "cash" language along with Sanskrit is excellent advice. I
wish I had of received that suggestion years ago while I specialized in Sanskrit and Indian
Studies at the University of Toronto. But as it happened my "cash" support turned out to be the
Hindu priesthood. I now work as a Hindu priest in Southern California- something I could
never have envisioned twenty years ago. I get to teach Sanskrit to my hearts content and I
have no shortage of Students. Believe it or not I have over 40 students who range in years
from 8 to 50. Sanskrit is still alive and well.