From filth to insults

Burt M Thorp bthorp at plains.nodak.edu
Sun Nov 3 17:01:09 UTC 1996

At a conference I met a Shakespearean scholar from Nottingham University
(named Pete; I could probably track him down, Harold, if you're really
interested) who is writing a book on "Scatological Language" (not a
linguistic study, a Culture Studies approach).  We talked about Lee
Siegel's work.  Anyway, some people take the subject seriously as
monograph material (to be published no doubt by Verso or Routledge).  Of
course we know that Culture Studies people "just want to have fun".

Burt M. Thorp
University of North Dakota
Internet:  bthorp at plains.nodak.edu